Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Introducing Our New Assiociate Editor of Art and Design!

I mentioned in an earlier post, "A Year In Review", that 2011 is going to big bring changes to the site. One that I'm most excited to share is the addition of Danielle Hill to the Ebbz and Flowzzzz team. She's an artist who is well versed in web design and other mediums, a college soccer player, and has some solid musical chops to boot. I'm really excited to see how she can can help take this site further. She'll be influential both in the design of the site and in the music department


Here is a little bit about her in her own words--

Considering this is my blog debut, I figure I’ll introduce myself. I’m a Visual Communications major and plan on graduating this May. I’m hoping to bring some of my own brand of artistic flare, both visually and musically to the site. I’ve been a music junkie for as long as I can remember. I played a few instruments here and there growing up, including piano, then graduated to percussion and a drums in middle school. But the man got me down as a musician (I can’t stand being graded in performance, though I guess the whole art major thing may be a tad contradictory) so I settled as a fan. I was a manager/marketer for my high school class’ popular garage band, which was fun while it lasted, but even that took some of the magic away from the purity of the final product: a quality song. So I’m excited to try this new endeavor in music critique. I figure I can plug in some new tunes and share the love with all you other music fans out there since I critique new music every day. No more greedy music hoarding from me! Music to the people!

Current fixes--

Yeasayer
The Black Keys
Maximum Balloon
White Denim
Local Natives
Stateless

All time favorites--

Led Zeppelin
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Black Keys
Yeasayer

No comments:

Post a Comment