Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Since I've Been Gone...

So it has been over a month since I've posted.  Why?  End of the semester, graduation, moving, start of the summer, work, etc., etc.  While I may have slowed down, the music world around me has picked up--it is only May and for some reason, all I can think about are year end lists.  In fact, the amount of great releases this year has been incredibly overwhelming (in a writerly sense, not as a listener), and way too much for me to handle on my own. I've created a review debt, a pile of albums that all deserve adequate commentary.  But, as I mentioned, the load is just too great.

Enter John Gibbs, a fantastic writer, music enthusiast, and the latest member to join the Ebbz and Flowzzzz team.  He is going to help me get the ball rolling once again starting with a review of Panda Bear's latest, Tomboy-- it should be up in the next day or so.  Following that review, we're going to try to follow more of a regular schedule with posting. Soon we will be bringing you the latest music news, album and concert reviews, and much more.

In the meantime, check out new releases from the artists below.  You can find them at your local record store, Amazon, or Itunes.  Thanks for your patience.

2011 New Releases

Starfucker - Reptilians
TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Republic Tigers - No Man's Land EP
Tyler, the Creator - Goblin
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Belong
Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring for My Halo
EMA - Past Life Martyred Saints
The Antlers - Burst Apart
Wild Beasts - Smother
Gang Gang Dance - Eye Contact
Cass McCombs - WIT'S END
Nicholas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
Panda Bear - Tomboy
Toro y Moi - Underneath the Pine
Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
The Lonely Island - Turtleneck and Chain
The Cars - Move Like This

No comments:

Post a Comment