Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top 50 Albums of 2010

A Year In Review: Top 50 Albums


Honorable Mention

Girl Talk- All Day
Yeasayer- Odd Blood
Devo- Something for Everybody


Ebbz and Flowzzzz Top 50 Albums of 2010

50)Chromeo- Business Casual
49)Best Coast- Crazy for You
48)Emeralds- Does It Look Like I'm Here?
47)Los Campesinos!- Romance Is Boring
46)Owen Pallett- Heartland
45)Band of Horses- Infinite Arms
44)Avey Tare- Down There
43)Twin Shadow- Forget
42)Wild Nothing- Gemini
41)Wavves- King of the Beach
40)Tame Impala- Innerspeaker
39)Robyn- Body Talk
38)Baths- Cerulean
37)Titus Andronicus- The Monitor
36)Delorean- Subiza
35)Charlotte Gainsbourg- IRM
34)Four Tet- There Is Love In You
33)Sufjan Stevens- All Delighted People EP
32)Warpaint- The Fool
31)Wolf Parade- Expo 86
30)Interpol- Interpol
29)The Tallest Man on Earth- The Wild Hunt
28)Perfume Genius- Learning
27)Surfer Blood- Astrocoast
26)The Radio Dept.- Clinging to a Scheme
25)Caribou- Swim
24)Broken Bells- Broken Bells
23)Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti- Before Today
22)Local Natives- Gorilla Manor
21)The Black Keys- Brothers
20)of Montreal- False Priest
19)Sufjan Stevens- Age of Adz
18)Hot Chip- One Life Stand
17)Flying Lotus- Cosmogramma
16)James Blake- The Bells Sketch EP / CMYK EP / Klavierwerke EP
15)Sleigh Bells- Treats
14)Janelle Monae- The ArchAndroid
13)Arcade Fire- The Suburbs
12)Girls- Broken Dreams Club EP
11)The Morning Benders- Big Echo
10)Joanna Newsom- Have One On Me
9)The National- High Violet
8)Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot the Son of Chico Dusty
7)Beach House- Teen Dream
6)Deerhunter-Halcyon Digest
5)Vampire Weekend- Contra
4)Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
3)Gorillaz- Plastic Beach
2)Spoon- Transference
1)LCD Soundsystem- This Is Happening

Please feel free to comment, I'd like to hear about some of your favorite albums of 2010.

4 comments:

  1. How about Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More

    That's been my jam recently. I also like Ray LaMontagne's Beg, Steal or Borrow

    Otherwise solid list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good. I see Best Coast and Local Natives on every list; haven't heard either yet. Gorillaz might be my number one. they had a coming-out year, if that's possible after ten years. I'm glad Suburbs isn't in top ten- it's really good, but doesn't deserve the token spot everyone's given it. Its just not Funeral or Neon Bible.

    My criticism: Broken Bells- a few singles, but not much of the promised collaboration. Was I the only one who felt like Mercer was pretty much it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've waited for the moment of realization with Mumford and Sons, but it just keeps escaping me. Paste keeps saying how good they are live and how they are going to explode, but to me they seem to tap too much into a couple of bands (Band of Horses, The Avett Brothers, Kings of Leon) taking small portions from each rather than establishing their own identity. I'll keep listening though, there might be something I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Coast is a band I hesitated to put on the list because I think they are terribly overrated. There is just something about the beachy vibe and the - I miss my boyfriend a lot - simple lyrics that make them hard to root against. I see where you are going with Broken Bells, and I think that is why it wasn't as critically acclaimed as I thought it should have been. I would disagree however that it is totally a Mercer project. Danger Mouse is a producer first, and a drummer and musician second. Try listening for the subtle nuances in his studio work; throw on a pair of headphones and listen to the album closer, really pay attention to the kick drum and its almost sticky, delayed sound. To me, subtle qualities like that particular one are all over the album, and make it especially worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete